Sunday, 9 March 2014

A rather uneventful week

This past week was kind of slow for whatever reason. While I find trees to be fascinating, I strongly dislike how the course is approaching them. There's only so many times I can create tree classes for the sake of making a tree class. I want to see the theory behind this applied! I feel like there's so much more I could do now, knowing about recursion and data trees. But it's all being underutilized as we've yet to implement them in a practical sense. I just think that A2 Part 1, for instance, is just so pointless. I understand that we need to create the classes so that we can do A2 Part 2, but I kind of wish we could've done both segments simultaneously. That's just my two cents, however.

On a different note, fiddling around with functions for the LinkedList class in lab this week was quite interesting. I really felt that I am becoming more and more comfortable with recursion by doing things like this. That being said, I don't really have all that much to talk about this week. So I suppose I'll post again next week.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment